Once you have attended an Orientation you must complete the Mutual Responsibility Contract (MRC) by the deadline given to you. The MRC cannot be submitted prior to attending an Orientation. When you complete this contract you will receive two emails: one is a confirmation and the other is a copy of the contract you signed. Please do not forward the emails to EOPS.
Click Link below to complete the EOPS Mutual Responsibility Contract (MRC):
EOPS & CARE: EOPS Mutual Responsibility Contract (MRC)
EOPS Student Responsibilities
1. Remain enrolled in units each semester while in the EOPS
2. Complete a minimum of three counseling contacts every semester. Failure to meet with an EOPS counselor three times could result in the termination of EOPS services.
3. Schedule your counseling contacts and show up for your scheduled appointments on time.
4. Maintain satisfactory progress and complete each semester with a 2.0 grade point average or better. Failure to maintain a 2.0 grade point average could result in possible penalties with Antelope Valley College.
5. Notify your EOPS counselor if your educational goal changes so that your SEP can be kept current.
6. Attend tutoring sessions or access other student services as recommended by the EOPS counselors and staff.
7. Change your name, address and phone number in MyAVC and with the EOPS Office in a timely manner, if changes are needed.
8. Respond to any phone calls or email messages from the EOPS/CARE staff.
9. Consult the EOPS counseling staff before withdrawing from classes or leaving AVC.
10. To refrain from in any way being verbally, emotionally, or physically abusive to any EOPS/CARE staff. This behavior will not be tolerated and will result in your removal from the EOPS/CARE program and/or AVC.
11. Complete the FAFSA each academic year.
12. I understand that failure to comply with the MRC requirements could result in suspension and/or termination of program services or other appropriate action as determined by the EOPS Director.
EOP&S Staff Responsibilities
1. Academic planning, career exploration, and educational advising
2. Personal problem solving and crisis management
3. Priority registration
4. Help with scholarship applications and letters of recommendation
5. Book grants or financial grants (if funds are available)
6. Use of the student computers in the EOPS Office with on-line access and limited free printing
7. Campus and community resource referrals
8. Alpha Iota Honor Society membership fee waiver (active memberships only)
9. Cap and gown for graduation
Student and Authorized Staff Signatures
By signing the MRC, I acknowledge that I have read and agree to uphold the responsibilities of an EOPS student. I hereby authorize the exchange of information between AVC EOPS/CARE and CalWORKs staff and other college student services programs, departments, and staff, as well as the Department of Social Services in order to verify my income, eligibility, and the need for support services.
X____________________________________ __________________ 900________________________
Student Signature Date Student ID #
Signature of Authorized EOPS staff ___________________________________________________________