WHAT IS THE WIP GRANT?
The intent of the Workforce Innovation Partnerships (WIPs) grant is to develop projects aligned with Economic and Workforce Development (EWD) Program Strategic Priority Areas (see below) pursuant to Education Code 88500 to prepare the future workforce of California with the skills needed for emerging high skill, high opportunity industry sectors.
EWD Program Strategic Priority Areas (Initiatives) include:
- Advanced Transportation Technology and Energy
- Applied Competitive Technologies
- Business and Entrepreneurship
- Business and Workforce Improvement
- Environment, Health, Safety, and Homeland Security
- International Trade Development
- Health Workforce
- New Media, Multimedia, and Entertainment
- Workplace Learning Resources
WIP Funding Awards
|2011 – 2012||WIP Grant 10-294-620||$225,000.00|