The application for the 2021 Distinguished Alumni Award is closed and submissions are being reviewed.
Each year, the Antelope Valley College Alumni and Friends committee accepts nominations to award an AVC alumnus for their service, excellence, accomplishments, and impact on the community. Once the committee completes their review of applications, with approval from the AVC Foundation Board of Directors, the recipient(s) will be honored at the upcoming Commencement ceremony.
Nominees will be judged on the following criteria:
- Leadership/Community Service – Demonstration of a visible commitment to the community through leadership and/or volunteerism.
- Professional Excellence – Impact and accomplishments in their chosen field.
- Impact – Accomplishments that have changed the community for the better.
- Role Model – Inspiring excellence in others.
- Must have attended AVC
- Cannot be an AVC employee, faculty, or board member
- The nominees will remain in a pool of candidates for three years from receipt of the nomination.
- An individual may receive the award only once.
- March 31, 2021: Application Deadline
- May 7, 2021: Winner(s) will be honored at the virtual commencement ceremony