Student Health Services Frequently Asked Questions
- Are the Health Services free?
Yes, Medical, Dental and Personal Mental Health Counseling are free to students who paid the Student Health Service fee at registration each semester or term. Qualified students must come to their appointment for the free services with:
- Proof of enrollment - Current Class Schedule
- AVC Student ID card
- Where is the medical clinic located?
The medical clinic is located on the AVC campus at CSUB-AV, Building 200, located on the corner of J-8 and 30th Street West, or by calling (661) 952-5064.
- What are the hours?
The clinic is available to students Monday - Thursday 9:00 am - 6:00 pm and Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
- What health services are available?
- Evaluation and counseling for individual health problems
- Family planning and gynecological health care for women
- Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) information
- Preparation and maintenance of medical records
- First Aid
- Blood Pressure screenings
- Elective physical exams
- Pap smears
- TB skin test
- Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) testing
- Are there Emergency Services?
There are NO EMERGENCY SERVICES. If you have an emergency call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
- Are there any other medical services not provided?
- Emergency services of any kind
- Treatment of major illnesses, injuries, or accidents that require either hospitalizationi or long-term follow-up
- After hours care or on call services
- Are personal mental health services available?
Yes, counselors are available at the CSUB-AV campus at the corner of J-8 and 30th Street West, Monday through Thursday. Appointments can be made for currently enrolled student by calling (661) 952-5099.
What about Confidentiality?
Information will not be released to anyone (including faculty, staff, or parents) without the written consent of the students except as provided by law or in the case of life threating emergency.
Do you have dental services? Yes! Your smile is covered at AVC. Currently enrolled students are eligible for preventive dental services exclusively at Westside Dental Care.
What is covered? Dental exams, xrays and cleanings - all free of charge.
What do I need to do? #1 Visit Student Health Services, SSV 180 to pick up your dental voucher. #2 Call Westside Dental Center at (661) 274-2223 to make an appointment. #3 At the time of your appointment, present your authorized dental voucher from Student Health (required for treatment).
- What if I need more treatment? Westside Dental Care offers special discounted fees for all other treatments. Most insurances are accepted - for even more savings.
- Where is the office located? Westside Dental Care is located at 445 West Palmdale Blvd., Suite D Palmdale, CA
- What are the hours? Please contact the office directly for office hours or visit the website at www.WestsideDentalCare.com