Books H.E.L.P. Textbooks, Basic Skills Class Textbooks and Loaner Calculators Returns
There have been some changes to how our program operates that we would like you to be aware of and be prepared for when you return your book(s) and/or calculator.
PLEASE DISREGARD, IF YOU HAVE ALREADY RETURNED YOUR BOOK(S) AND/OR CALCULATOR.
- Books and Calculators will ONLY be returned at the Lancaster Campus.
- The Return Center will be located by the T400 Building in Parking Lot 14. (Located near the warehouse on J-8/30th West)
- Returns will happen by DRIVE-THRU. Please follow the signs for directions on how to get in line for drop-offs. If you do not have a vehicle, you will be able to walk up and return items.
- Please bring your Student ID.
- You MUST wear a mask or face covering when returning books or calculators.
- Please REMAIN in your vehicle and a staff member will come to your car.
- If you are medically compromised or ill, please DO NOT come to campus. Contact our office at Bookshelp@avc.edu to make arrangements on your book/calculator return.
- For Program Guidelines, please review the Terms and Conditions for the Books H.E.L.P. Program and/or Calculator Loan Program. If your questions are not answered there, please contact Books H.E.L.P. staff at BooksHelp@avc.edu.
*NOTE: Returns will only happen on Lancaster Campus. Friday is only until 11 a.m.
- May 28 (Thursday) - 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- May 29 (Friday) - 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- June 1 (Monday) - 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- June 2 (Tuesday) - 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
ALL BOOKS MUST BE RETURNED BY JUNE 2, 2020
If you have questions about the Books H.E.L.P. application for future semesters, please visit myAVC or the Books H.E.L.P. staff can give you additional information.
Dates: May 27 - June 5
Times: 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Monday-Thursday; 8:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. Friday
How: Drive-up and walk-up
Where: Room T400D in Lot 14 off of Ave J-8 and 30th Street West (Lancaster Campus Only)
*See flyer and FAQ below for more information.
Rental Book Returns
The Marauder Bookstore, in conjunction with Books Help and IT Services, will be accepting rental book returns beginning Thursday, May 28, at T400. The following is the schedule for rental books to be returned.
Thursday, May 28: 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. & 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Friday, May 29: 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Monday, June 1: 8:00 a.m .- 11:00 a.m. & 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Virtual Book Buyback
The Marauder Bookstore, in partnership with Nebraska Book Company, is providing a virtual book buyback for students.
On the Marauder Bookstore website, www.marauderbookstore.com, find the "Textbook" ta, scroll down to "Sellback '' and click link. From there, you will be taken to a page for you to enter the ISBN for the book, or books, you want to sell back. Once that is completed, a quote will be given for the books and a printable shipping label will be provided. When the books are received at Nebraska Book Company, the student will receive a check within two to three weeks.