Need some extra help or want to reinforce what you learned in class? Our academic support services are available across all disciplines. Let us help you make the semester a success!
The AVC Learning Center is here to help you “study smarter, not harder!” As an enrolled student, you can take classes and receive services in person and virtually (via Canvas) including tutorial assistance for most classes, as well as assistance in analyzing your unique learning style while improving your study skills.
Peer tutors and Learning Center faculty specialists can work with you individually and in small groups to help you better understand the course material and learn new study strategies. The Learning Center is located in the Sage Hall building’s first floor. For more information please visit our website at https://www.avc.edu/lc. You may contact us at (661) 722-6300 ext. 6458 or email email@example.com.
The following Learning Assistance Courses are still available. Register Today!
- LAC 020 - Managing Writing Anxiety
- LAC 022 - Managing Math Anxiety
- LAC 023 - Math Study Strategy
Learning Center Services (To access these services, enroll now through Canvas):
- Live Front Counter Access | Monday - Thursday | 8am-6pm
- Drop-in Tutoring | Monday - Thursday | 12pm-5pm
- Check Canvas course for tutoring schedules, zoom links & passcodes.
- 1:1 Academic Tutoring Appointments | Click here to make an appointment
- 24-hour On-Demand Specialized Tutoring and Instruction Support
- Faculty-Led Workshops