Office for Students with Disabilities: Alternative Media Program (AMP)
AMP provides alternative formats for students who are eligible for this service. In order to maintain the integrity of the service offered and comply with the law, the following rules apply to students who use the AMP:
1. Eligibility for this service is determined by the OSD Director or by the LD Specialist, and is based in part on the professional documentation provided by the student.
2. The student must currently be registered at Antelope Valley College, matriculated in classes, and must be enrolled in the course for which they are requesting alternate formats.
3. Students requesting materials in alternate formats must own a physical copy of the textbook or other course material, or obtain said materials before alternative formats would be produced and distributed.
4. Material provided to the AMP for the purpose of conversion to alternative format will be disassembled and returned to the student in its altered condition.
5. The AMP will not be held responsible for any damage to the materials that occur as a result of conversion to alternative format.
6. Turn-around times for alternate format requests are available as a general timeline for completion. Each request will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and completion timelines are subject to change depending upon the specifics of the request. Upon review of material to be converted, within 3 working days, the Alternate Media Specialist will notify the student of the projected completion date. The Office for Students with Disabilities will make every effort to complete the request in a timely manner.
Students will be provided with one alternative format copy for each material required for academic use. This material is copyrighted and may not be reproduced or distributed in any other format.