- Computer Lab
- Academic Counseling
- Academic Enrichment
- Financial Aid Assistance
- Cultural Trips
- Program Library
- Grant Aid
The STAR program now has our computer lab opened. We now have six stations for our students to utilize. We will be utilizing the computer lab for some of our upcoming workshops, and we will be planning future workshops on computer topics. Stop by the STAR office to use the computers when you need them, and let us know what type of workshops you would like for us to offer. Please sign in at the lab so we can keep track of the use of the lab.
- Goal setting and career advisement
- Four year college visits and transfer assistance
- Progress monitoring and personal support through regular meetings with program staff
- Computer literacy and research skills instruction
- Summer bridge program
- Study skills, supplemental instruction
- Career Mentors
The Career mentoring program will match students with mentors who are working in their targeted career field.
- Faculty/Staff Mentors
Antelope Valley College faculty/staff mentors will provide encouragement and be a positive role model for STAR students.
- Peer Mentors
The Peer mentoring program is designed to provide a one-to-one relationship with a successful AVC student that will offer guidance, information and positive role-modeling to the STAR student.
- STAR students will also be referred to the Learning Center for additional tutoring and supplemental instruction.
- Scholarships & financial aid application assistance
- Opportunities to apply for a limited amount of supplemental grant aid
Cultural enrichment activities will be planned each semester. Tickets and transportation for the events will be provided by the STAR Student Support Services program.