Congratulations to our first class of Puente Students!
We are no longer accepting applications for the 2021-22 academic year.
A Transfer-Prep Learning Community
The Puente Program is a national award-winning program co-sponsored by the University of California and the California Community College Chancellor's Office that helps students reach their dreams of college success. The mission of Puente (Spanish for “bridge”) is to increase the number of students who enroll in four-year colleges and universities, earn college degrees, and return to the community as mentors and leaders for future generations.
Puente Model of Success: Three Components
Puente Program is open to students of ALL backgrounds.
- Each semester, students take 2 classes together as a “familia”
- Fall 2021 Puente Courses: ENGL 101 (77013) and HD 101 (77645)
- Curriculum focused on Latino/a/x literature and culture
- Transfer guidance; Personal essays, letters of recommendation, scholarships
- Professional mentorship
- Community engagement
- 1-on-1 academic, personal and career counseling
- Cultural events & activities
- University field trips
- Leadership conference
- Priority registration with guaranteed seats in Puente courses
- AVC’s Puente Program is open to ALL students eligible for English 101.
Faculty, Staff and Community Members - Become a Puente Mentor!
Meet the AVC Puente Familia