Career Technical Education
The Career Technical Education Division is geared toward preparing students for entry-level positions, and an opportunity for those in professional roles seeking to gain skills and knowledge in today's competitive workplace.
- Advanced Manufacturing (AM)
- Aeronautical & Aviation Technology (AERO)
- Air Conditioning, Refrigeration & Ventilation (ACRV)
- Aircraft Fabrication and Assembly (AFAB)
- Airframe Manufacturing Technology Program (AFMT)
- Auto Body (ABDY)
- Automotive Technology (AUTO)
- Electronics Technology (ELTE)
- Electrical Technology (ELEC)
- Welding (WELD)
Bachelors of Science Degree
Antelope Valley College is part of the Greater Antelope Valley Economic Alliance (GAVEA), the only regional economic developer for the 3,000-square-mile region that spans from Acton to Ridgecrest, and from I-5 to the San Bernardino County line. The region includes five cities (California City, Lancaster, Palmdale, Ridgecrest and Tehachapi) and both Los Angeles and Kern Counties, as well as numerous unincorporated communities. GAVEA's priority is to be the resource for business retention, expansion and attraction for the area. GAVEA partners with organizations in the community to ensure that the Antelope Valley offers quality programs that build a dynamic and capable workforce. AVC is proud to offer a variety of programs, degrees and certificates that provide career opportunities for our community and prepare our students to be the workforce needed for the various industries in our region.