Welcome to the AVC Accreditation page!
Antelope Valley College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, Western Association of Schools and Colleges, 10 Commercial Blvd., Suite 204, Novato, CA 94949, (415) 506-0234, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education. Additional information about accreditation, including the filing of complaints against member institutions, can be found at: www.accjc.org
- ACCJC Action Letter - 2-01-2021
- ACCJC Reaffirmation Letter - 2-03-2017
- Report on January 2017 Commission Meeting
- Accreditation Site Visit Evaluation Report- 2016
- Institutional Self Evaluation Report- 2016
- ACCJC Follow Up Letter - 2-5-2016
- ACCJC Follow Up Letter - 2-6-2015
- Substantive Change Approval--BS Degree - 12-10-2015
- Substantive Change Approval-- Palmdale Center Move - 12-10-15
- 2014 Follow Up Report
- Report January 2015 Commission Meeting
- Commission Actions on Institutions, January 2015
- ACCJC's Standards Manual
- Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges Letter - 2014
- 2016 Annual Report to ACCJC
- 2015 Annual Report to ACCJC
- 2014 Annual Report to ACCJC
- 2014 Annual Fiscal Report to ACCJC
What is accreditation?
Accreditation is the process for evaluating and assuring the quality of education used by the American higher education community. It is a uniquely American quality assurance process through which institutions collectively set standards for good practice, conduct peer-based evaluations of institutions on a regular basis, confer accredited status on institutions, and make the results of accreditation review of institutions known to the public. Through accreditation, the higher education community shoulders the responsibility for monitoring the quality of the programs and services of member institutions. Agencies that develop and apply standards are often called accrediting commissions. Accrediting commissions were created by the collective group of institutions that wished to engage in the quality review and assurance process, and those institutions were and are referred to as the member institutions of a commission.
Who evaluates AVC's accreditation?
The Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACCJC/WASC) oversees the accreditation status for Antelope Valley College. ACCJC:
- Sets standards for good practice.
- Conducts peer-based evaluations of institutions.
- Confers accredited status on institutions
- Makes the results of accreditation review known to the public.
Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges
10 Commercial Boulevard, Suite 204
Novato, CA 94949
Get to Know Our Campus