Campus walkway with banners

Graduation Office

The Graduation Office evaluates transcripts and other educational records for the purpose of awarding degrees and certificates.

Mission Statement:

The Enrollment Services (Admissions & Records, Graduation and Transcript Departments) mission is to serve as a continuous resource for students throughout their academic experience. 

Enrollment Services serves as a resource for admissions, registration transactions, academic records and grades, athletic intercollegiate eligibility, petitions, evaluation of transcripts for the purpose of awarding degrees and certificates, enrollment verifications, and the production of a timely and accurate transcript.  Enrollment Services is committed to a positive student experience and offers a variety of accurate, efficient, and prompt services using a variety of resources and technologies.

Graduation Form

Online Graduation App lication
Printable Graduation Application
Request for Evaluation of Non-Traditional Coursework


Graduation Office FAQs


What is the difference between Commencement and Graduation?

Commencement - The ceremony held at the end of each Spring term to recognize degree and certificate achievement. All students who apply for graduation are eligible and encouraged to participate in the ceremony. Participation in the annual Commencement ceremony does not indicate the completion of your degree or certificate.

Graduation - The official awarding of a degree or certificate to a student's records after all degree requirements and proficiencies are met. Students must apply for graduation to earn their degree or certificate. See the Graduation Office or website for more information.

How is a cumulative GPA different from a cumulative GPA for Graduation?

Cumulative GPA - A grade point average consisting of AVC coursework and the articulated coursework from other accredited schools attended.

Cumulative GPA for Graduation - A grade point average consisting of degree applicable AVC coursework and the articulated coursework from other accredited schools attended.  A cumulative grade point average of 2.0 ("C" average) is required to graduate.

Are there any costs for applying for a diploma or certificate?

There are no costs for applying for a diploma or certificate. All students are issued one original diploma and/or certificate per degree at no cost.

How do I know if I am ready to graduate?

Review your degree requirements and Education Plan. It is recommended meeting with a counselor to ensure you are meeting all the degree requirements. The Graduation Office cannot advise students of specific coursework to complete degree requirements.

What is the process for Graduation?

Confirm with a counselor to ensure that all your degree requirements are met.

Ensure that you have declared your major. If not, then complete the form with the Admissions and Records Department.

Ensure all official transcripts from other schools or institutions are on file.

Go online to complete a Graduation application. Applications can be submitted online, through the U.S. Mail or in person to the Graduation Office.

A preliminary evaluation will be sent to your AVC email account showing the courses completed and in progress that meet the degree requirements. To find out the specific coursework needed for degree, check out the appropriate AVC catalog or see a counselor.

Students will be notified by email if the degree requirements were not met. If a student did not meet the degree requirements, it is recommended they meet with a counselor. Not having all transcripts on file and articulated will delay the evaluation process.

Degrees and Certificates will be posted to a student's records so official transcripts can be requested from the Transcript Department.

Students will be notified by email when Diplomas and Certificates are available.

When do I need to complete a graduation application?

Applications are received by the Graduation Office either in person, by U.S. Mail, or through the Graduation website. Priority application processing is September 6th for Spring/Summer graduates and February 14th for Fall graduates. Registered Nurses must submit applications by the end of the second term. 

How do I have my AP scores added to my AVC records?

  1. Go to the College Board website at and submit a request for an official score report to be sent to Antelope Valley College.
  2. Complete an Evaluation for Non Traditional Coursework form at the Graduation Office to authorize the use of your AP scores.

AP credit is applied to a student’s record as long as there is evidence of academic history. If a student is in their first semester, the scores are added after week 6 of the semester. The Graduation Office will notify students by email once the scores have been added to their AVC records.

In some cases, a student’s scores will not be added before the next registration cycle. It is recommended that a student obtain a copy of their scores from the College Board web site and discuss with a counselor if a pre-requisite may be waived.

How do I know what AVC credit I will receive for my AP exams?

The AVC catalog lists the course equivalent to the approved AP exams in the Academic Policies/Programs section of the catalog. Students are also encouraged to discuss with their counselor how the scores can be applied to their AVC degree.

How will my AP scores appear on my AVC record?

Individual AP scores do not appear on a student’s official transcript. What does appear is a single line item with the total number of units allowed. Students are advised to submit an official score report to any college or university they attend after AVC.

Students will be able to see the course equivalent for each exam on their unofficial transcript located on the student’s web site.

Can AP scores be used to meet CSU or UC transfer course requirements?

If a student plans on transferring to a CSU or UC campus, we recommend that they review the specific college’s website to determine how that school will evaluate AP scores. Some colleges and universities require a higher score to meet a course requirement. Unit amounts per exam may differ from how many units AVC will allow from how many units a transfer school will allow.

What If I have coursework from another school or institution?

Make sure that the most recent official transcript has been received by AVC. Be sure to notate all schools attended on your graduation application.

How often are degrees and certificates awarded?

Degrees and certificates are awarded at the end of Spring, Summer, and Fall terms.

When is the next commencement ceremony?

The Student Life office coordinates the ceremony. Information may be found on their website at Ceremony questions may be directed to the Commencement Team at or the Student Life office at 661-722-6300 ext. 6354.

How will my name appear on my diploma?

The legal name on your AVC records will appear on your diploma unless you have selected a chosen name. If you do not want your chosen name to appear on your certificate or diploma, you may update the information on your Chosen Name Widget on your myAVC Dashboard. Please come to Admissions and Records, located in the Student Services Lobby, to update your name, address and/or confidentiality status.

When will my diploma be available?


Summer - Estimated date by September

Fall semester - Estimated date by February


  Online Services FAQs

What is my initial Pasword for myAVC?
What if I forget my Username or Password to log into myAVC?
Why should I use myAVC?
Email and Announcements, why should I read them?
How do I view my Final Grades or Academic Transcript?
How do I get more information on myAVC features?

  • Coming Soon