Office for Students With Disabilities
The OSD program provides support services, specialized instruction, and educational accommodations to students with disabilities so that they can participate as fully and benefit as equitably from the college experience as their non-disabled peers. An Academic Accommodation Plan (AAP) is developed for each student which links student’s goals, curriculum program, and academic adjustments, auxiliary aids, services and/or instruction to his/her disability related educational limitation.
The specific disability must be verified, and there must be an educational limitation that precludes the student from fully participating in general education without additional specialized services.
Apply to OSD to receive disability related services in 3 steps.
1. Fill out OSD online application at:
You must have a valid AVC student ID number and AVC e-mail.
2. Upload your disability verification, such as an Individual Education Plan (IEP), 504 Plan, Veterans Administration disability rating, a physician or a mental health professional diagnosis.
If you need a disability release form and our OSD disability verification form to take to your physician or mental health professional you can download it here: Release and Verification Form revised 8-28-18.pdf
3. The OSD Director or a Disability Services Specialist will review your OSD online application and disability verification and will call you to set up an intake appointment.
If you need any assistance with the application or uploading of documents you can call OSD staff at (661) 722-6360, (voice/relay) or visit the office located at T100. Staff will be glad to help.
The Office for Students With Disabilities encourages students to be as independent and self-reliant as possible. We work closely with each student to assess their needs and provide those support services and accommodations that directly address a student's functional limitations as a result of their disability.
The mission of the Office for Students With Disabilities (OSD) Program is to provide students with disabilities equal access to education by offering quality support services that directly relate to a student’s limitations as a result of their disability. The OSD Program assists students with their understanding and acceptance of their limitations as a result of their disability and also promotes and fosters independence by teaching students to articulate their needs to AVC instructors and staff. Moreover the OSD Program is committed to the academic success and personal growth of all students with disabilities at AVC.
All documents on this page are in PDF format.
- Evacuation of Disabled- English - Spanish
- OSD Student Responsibilities and Dispute Process
- Disabilities and Means of Verification
- Handicapped Parking
- Learning Disability Program and Services
- Request for Reasonable Accommodation
- Recommended Readiness Criteria
- Program Eligibility Form
- Disability Verification
- List of Medications
- Student Contract
- Compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Test Proctoring Contract
- Program Information
- Release of Information
- AVC Tape-Recorded Lecture Policy Agreement
- Notetaker Request Form
- Sickle Cell Anemia Information
- Epilepsy Information - Lancaster Campus
- Epilepsy Information - Palmdale Campus