Purchase requests for any technology related items must be reviewed and approved by the Executive Director of Information Technology.
Below is a workflow process that is aimed to facilitate IT purchases for the District and its associated approvals for all involved parties. This workflow is not final and should undergo a continuous improvement review. This process applies to all IT related purchases. Please click here to view the flowchart.
- Requestor emails IT with its IT requirements and how much budget is available.
- ITS will work with vendors and requestor to refine specifications and begin quote gathering.
- ITS will email quotes to Executive Director ITS for approval.
- Executive Director ITS will review the quotes and either approves or disapproves.
a. If disapproved:
i. Reply back to email with change in requirements and ITS works with vendors again.
ii. Reply back to requestor with reason as to why request has been denied.
- Executive Director ITS emails approval.
- ITS emails final quote to requestor and requests FOAP.
- Requestor reviews quote and either approves or disapproves.
a. If disapproved:
i. Reply back to email with change of requirements and ITS works with vendors again.
ii. Reply back to email stating request is no longer valid.
- Requestor emails approval to ITS.
- ITS creates requisition with supplied FOAP.
- ITS uploads all necessary documentation into OnBase:
b. Supporting docs
c. Executive Director ITS Approval Email (Save as PDF)
- Request now follow Requisition workflow process and PO workflow process.
- Monitors/Displays (e.g., LCD, TV, Digital Messaging Boards)
- Phones/Phone Headsets
- Desktop Computers & Thin Clients
- Tablets & Smart Devices
- Handheld scanners
- Network Hardware (e.g., Wireless Access Points, Routers, Switches, Hubs, Network)
- Network Interface Cards (NIC, USB NIC)
- Cables (e.g., RJ-45 & RJ-11, Cat 5, Cat 5e, Cat 6, USB, VGA, DVI, HDMI)
- Scientific equipment requiring network connectivity, or connectivity to college systems
- Projectors/Projection Equipment
- Document Cameras (3/13/2013)
- Interior or Exterior Cameras
- Card Readers (added 3/13/2013)
- Any Hardware Maintenance or Repair (excluding copier maintenance and repair)
- Any Software
- Any Maintenance Agreement /Licensing
External Technology Services/Vendors
- Hosted agreements
- Cloud Services
- Custom Programming/Program Development
- Consulting Agreements Related to College Technology, Learning Systems, Enterprise Systems
- Technology Partnerships with other institutions.
NOTE: If the IT equipment to be purchased needs any kind of installation (or relocation), a Facilities Alternation and Improvement Request form (FAIR) is also required. Please click here for information.