All Requistions submitted for Office Depot are to be done as a Standing (aka Open) Purchase Order. The following information is to be included on all Requisitions for a standing PO to Office Depot:
- Specify the REQ is for Office Depot Online purchase (a separate REQ is required to use the Office Depot P-card)
- Person(s) authorized to use standing PO as well as the approving Director/Dean (noted in the Document Text)
- Not to exceed (NTE) amount(s)
- Effective period (e.g. July 1 2015 - June 30, 2016)
- Due date should be the last day the Standing PO will be valid, but no later than the last day of the Fiscal Year (June 30)
Within approximately 2 business days of the Requisition being processed into a PO, Purchasing will load the PO into the Office Depot site and new users will receive an email from Office Depot with their log-in credentials.
To purhase on your Office Depot Standing PO:
- Log into the Office Depot ordering site, business.officedepot.com
- Add allowable items to your Shopping Cart
- Click on the Check Out icon
- Review your cart then click “Put This Order On Hold”
All orders placed on hold are sent to the Dean/Director for approval and release. Once the requested items are received, send the "OK to Pay" to Accounts Payable (AP) by one of the following two ways:
- Forward the Office Depot order confirmation e-mail to email@example.com. In the e-mail let AP know that all the items have been received and that it is okay to pay the invoice. If only certain items have been received, list those items and indicate if okay to pay the invoice.
- Note on the Office Depot Packing List which items have been received and the "OK to Pay". Initial the Packing List and forward to AP.
A separate Requisition will need to be submitted to use the Office Depot Procurement Card. Please note on the REQ that it is for the Procurement Card.
Dry Erase Board supplies (markers, erasers, cleaner, etc.) are stocked in the Warehouse as well as being available to purchase through Office Depot; these items can be ordered through either entity depending on the urgency. Please contact the Warehouse at firstname.lastname@example.org