The Outcomes Committee provide specific observable characteristics developed by faculty and staff that allow them to determine or demonstrate evidence that learning has occurred as a result of a specific course, program, activity, or process. The Antelope Valley College Board of Trustees relies primarily on the Academic Senate for advice on educational program development, standards/policies regarding student preparation and success, degree and certificate requirements, and curriculum including prerequisites; thus the Committee for Student Learning Outcomes is an Academic Senate responsibility.
The Outcomes Committee will determine a campus-wide process for the uniform implementation and assessment of Student Learning Outcomes at the course, program, and department level. A faculty chair is responsible for chairing the committee and overseeing that the functions of the Outcoems Committee are met.
- provide support and training
- recommend and provide samples of effective assessment tools
- provide support in the analysis of data
- provide connections to current campus practices
- provide support and data in program review
- provide support and data to the accreditation reports
- ensure that Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) are connected to Institutional Learning Outcomes (ILOs)
- act as a re source group and maintain liaison to AP&P
Read only access is available to anyone in our campus community. By selecting the link and entering the following credentials:
ID: AVCuser Password: marauder
Users can read any SLO - related information posted in WEAVEonline. Please refer to the "Easy Guide to Reading WEAVE," available under Outcomes Committee documents, for further information in navigating WEAVEonline.