Financial Aid & Scholarships: Eligibility
Financial aid programs are available only to students who meet the following eligibility requirements:
- A student must be a United States citizen or an eligible non-citizen.
- A student must demonstrate financial need.
- A student must be enrolled in an eligible program.
- A male born after December 31, 1960, must be registered with Selective Service. Applications can be obtained at the local post office.
- A student must be an undergraduate enrolled in an eligible program which leads to a degree or a one to two-year program leading to a certificate.
- A student may not owe a refund on any grant received from any college or be in default on a federal loan.
- A student must maintain satisfactory academic progress by maintaining at least a 2.0 GPA and by completing the minimum number of units required each academic year.
A student must have a complete file in the Financial Aid Office to be considered for any program. Completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the first step in applying for financial aid.