Health Services: Available Services Spring 2020
We are pleased to announce VISION Services for currently enrolled AVC Students starting February 3, 2020. Please keep an eye out for more info on getting connected soon!
Currently enrolled students can make medical appointments on the AVC Lancaster campus by visiting the CSUB-AV clinic, Building 200, located on the corner of J-8 and 30th Street West or by calling (661) 952-5064 The clinic is available to students Monday - Thursday 9:00 am - 6:00 pm and Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
- Evaluation and counseling for individual health problems
- Family planning and gynecological health care for women
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) information
- First Aid
- Blood pressure screenings
- Elective physical exams
- Pap smears
- TB skin test
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) testing
Personal Mental Health Counseling Services
Balancing college life with other life responsibilities can be difficult. Make a confidential appointment with a mental health counselor on campus to assist with anxiety, depression, stress management, drug and alcohol concerns, building life enhancement skills and other mental health related issues.
Counselors are available Monday through Friday at the CSUB-AV Lancaster campus. Appointments can be made by calling (661) 952-5099. If calling after office hours please note an after-hour emergency phone number is provided on the voice mail. If on-campus counselors are NOT available, please call CSUB Counseling office in Bakersfield directly @ 661.654-3366.
Students must bring their AVC Student ID and enrolled in the current semester.
Yes! Your smile is covered at AVC. Currently enrolled AVC students are eligible for preventive dental services exclusively at Westside Dental Care.
What is covered?
• Dental exams, x-rays and cleanings
—all free of charge
• Special discounted fees for all other treatments
• Most insurances accepted—for even more savings
What do I need to do?
• Visit Student Health Services, SSV 180 to pick up your dental voucher
• Call Westside Dental Care to make an appointment
• At the time of your appointment, present your authorized dental voucher from Student Health
(Required for treatment)
Westside Dental Care 445 West Palmdale Blvd., Suite D, Palmdale, CA (661) 274-2223
(corner of Palmdale Blvd. & 5th St. West)
Health Events & Activities
Health related programs and issues are presented to the students throughout the school year. These programs are offered to educate our students on relevant health issues so they can make informed decisions regarding their health.
Some examples of programs offered are listed, but many of these change from year to year as students’ interest in topics change.
- Blood Drives occur throughout the year
- Mental Health First Aid trainings occur throughout the year
- Breast Cancer awareness
- Great American Smoke Out/Lung Cancer Awareness
- Consequences of Spit Tobacco
- National Collegiate Alcohol Awareness
- Flu Facts
- Sex, Communication and Respect
- Skin Cancer Awareness
- World AIDS Day
- Sexual Responsibility Awareness
- Heart Health
- Domestic Violence
- Eating Disorders
- Finals Relaxation
- Sexual Coercion and Assault
- Sexual Assault Prevention
- Mid-Term Study Jam
- Finals Study Jam
- Mindfulness/Meditation Class