Procurement cards are available for check out from the Purchasing Department. These cards must be signed out and are available for daily transactions of $200 or less (except Costco, which can be used for the amount of the Purchase Order). For emergencies situations, threshold(s) may be increased upon approval from the Business Services area.
Standing Purchase Orders’s (PO) for procurement cards cannot be used to purchase the following or any other unauthorized purchase(s):
• Personal purchases
• Furniture (unless prior approval received from Facilities)
• Gift cards and/or certificates
• Gratuities and gifts
• Printers, computers, scanners, or other IT/IMC equipment (unless prior approval received from IT)
• Alcoholic beverages or any substance, material, or service which violates policy, law, or regulation pertaining to the District
• Capital equipment
The following is a list of available Procurement Cards:
· Best Buy
· Home Depot
· Office Depot
In order to allow proper coordination, please submit a new Banner Requisition at the beginning of each fiscal year to establish a standing PO for a procurement card. The standing PO is only valid for purchases up to the “not-to-exceed” dollar amount. Change orders will be reviewed in accordance with Board Policy, Administrative Policy and Public Contract Code requirements.
Only authorized employees will be allowed to purchase on a standing PO for a procurement card and those authorized will need to have a Procurement & Virtual Card/Standing Purchase Order Agreement on file with the Purchasing Department prior to use.
Purchasing approves and issues all standing POs for procurement cards upon receipt of a completed Requisition.
The following information is to be included on all Requisitions for a standing PO for a procurement card:
(1) Person(s) authorized to use the procurement card standing PO
(2) Not to exceed (NTE) amount(s)
(3) Effective period (e.g. July 1 2015 - June 30, 2016)
(4) Brief description of what is to be purchased with the standing PO
(5) 3 quotes or justification in “Document Text” for not providing 3 quotes
A completed Procurement Card Shopping List must also be presented upon checkout of procurement card.
For Non-Travel Purchases
A Virtual Credit Card (V-Card) can be issued to a requester to purchase items on an approved purchase order. The V-Card is a virtual MasterCard, not a physical card, and requesters should ensure the vendor accepts this type of tender before requesting one from the Purchasing department. Requester must also have a completed Procurement & Virtual Card/Standing Order Agreement on file with the Purchasing department in order to request a V- Card (please note this is an updated form and different from the original Procurement Card/Standing Order Agreement Form).
Requesting a Virtual Credit Card (V-Card)
- Contact your Buyer to discuss the purchase and to see if using a V-Card is an option.
- Create your REQ as normal and include the following information:
- Vendor # 900314927 for Visa First BankCard
- Document Text:
- Vendor Name: [Actual name of vendor purchase being made with]
- Description: [items to be purchased]
- # of Transactions: [# of transactions you will be making with the V-Card]
- Date Range: [Date range transactions will be made]
- Authorized User: [Person authorized to make transactions – they will receive V- Card information]
- Description: Standing PO for V-Card
- U/M: EA
- Tax Group: NT
- Quantity: 1
- Unit Price: [This is to include the total cost of your purchase with tax, freight, etc.]
- Attach documentation for the purchase into Onbase as noted per the REQ checklist.
- Complete your REQ for approvals.
Using your Virtual Credit Card (V-Card)
For purchases where the credit card payment needs to be made in person or needs to be physically presented to a vendor, the requester is to contact the vendor in advance to confirm any special requirements (cc authorization form, etc.). Vendor Required Credit Card Authorization forms for non-travel purchases are completed by the requester. Please contact the purchasing department on how to complete the credit card authorization form.
When completing billing information for the V-Card please use the following:
- Cardholder Name: Diana Keelen
- Billing Address: 3041 W Ave K, Lancaster, CA 93536
- Billing Phone: 661-722-6309
- Cardholder email: email@example.com
All tangible items purchased with the V-Card must be delivered and processed through the District’s Warehouse. When completing shipping information for the V-Card please use the following:
- First Name: Antelope Valley College
- Last Name: Warehouse
- Business Name (if applicable): Antelope Valley College
- Address 1: 3041 W Ave K
- Address 2: [PO #]
- City, ST, Zip: Lancaster, CA, 93536
- Billing Phone: 661-722-6310
V-Card purchases must adhere to the District’s End of Year Deadlines.
For Travel (Coming Soon)
Please see the District’s Chrome River Travel Policies and Procedures.