Standing Purchase Orders
A standing (open) purchase order (PO) is used for a requirement that is repetitive in nature, difficult to quantify over a period of time, and is not to exceed or cross fiscal periods (July 1, 2015 – June 30, 2016). Standing POs allow requesters to make repetitive purchases of miscellaneous low cost supplies, to pay for lease/rentals, and maintenance contracts throughout the current fiscal year.
Standing POs cannot be used to purchase the following or any other unauthorized purchase:
• Personal purchases
• Furniture (unless prior approval received from Facilities)
• Gift cards and/or certificates
• Gratuities and gifts
• Printers, computers, scanners, or other IT/IMC equipment (unless prior approval received from IT)
• Alcoholic beverages or any substance, material, or service which violates policy, law, or regulation pertaining to the District
• Capital equipment
In order to allow proper coordination, please submit a new Banner Requisition at the beginning of each fiscal year to establish a standing PO. The standing PO is only valid for purchases up to the “not-to-exceed” dollar amount. Change orders will be reviewed in accordance with Board Policy, Administrative Policy and Public Contract Code requirements.
Only authorized employees will be allowed to purchase on a standing PO and those authorized will need to have a Procurement Card/Standing Purchase Order Agreement on file with the Purchasing Department prior to use.
Purchasing approves and issues all standing POs upon receipt of a completed Requisition.
Open PO's greater than or equal to $5,000.00 must be submitted with three quotes. The quotes should be for 5 items that the PO will be used to purchase. If you will be submitting 3 or more open PO's for vendors of the same trade and those vendors’ prices are found to be fair and reasonable, 3 quotes may not be necessary. However, please contact the Purchasing Department to ensure we are exhibiting a fair procurement process and appropriate stewardship of District funds. If a fully executed contract exists that specifies items to be purchased through a specific vendor, additional quotes are not required and a copy of the contract is to be submitted with your REQ.
The following information is to be included on all Requisitions for a standing PO:
(1) Person(s) authorized to use standing PO
(2) Not to exceed (NTE) amount(s)
(3) Effective period (e.g. July 1 2015 - June 30, 2016)
(4) Brief description of what is to be purchased with the standing PO
(5) 3 quotes or justification in “Document Text” for not providing 3 quotes, for requests that meet or exceed $5,000.00
(6) Due Date should be the last day the Standing PO will be valid, but not later than the last day of the Fiscal Year, June 30
Procurement Purchasing Card
Procurement Card/Standing Purchase Order Agreement