Veterans Affairs Program
Come by and visit the new and improved Veterans Resource Center (VRC) located in the Student Services Building, Room 126. It’s more than a new coat of paint! The VRC has 4 computers for your convenience, conference tables and office chairs perfect for all your study groups or club meetings, and a new area to lounge and read or hang out with fellow Vets!
The Mission of the Veterans Affair Program is to provide assistance through education, certification, and guidance to military veterans and their dependents in achieving their educational objectives and to effectively promote the retention, graduation, and transfer of military veteran students and their dependents.
Process to receive priority registration: Complete the components of Matriculation located in your myAVC account under the “Student Success” tab in the Matriculation Channel which includes:
- Online Orientation (Located in the Student Success tab in the Orientation and Workshops Channel)
- Assessment Test(s)
- Meeting with a counselor for a Student Education Plan
Also the VRC must have a copy of your DD214 which must be within 15 years of your date of separation.
Payments for course fees are now due at the time of registration. Please review the complete payment schedule. You have several options to pay for your classes:
- Have the required paperwork in to the VA and the VRC for payments.
- Complete your FAFSA early (March 2) and have a completed file in Financial Aid
- Make a payment plan.
Remember you have a $1 Student Representation Fee each term and the mandatory Student Health Fee $19 during fall and spring semesters and $16 during intersession and summer.
Veterans Affair Program Forms
- New Veteran Student Checklist
- VRC Student Responsibilities and Agreement