The Focus 180 Program
Focus 180 offers intentional and welcoming, educational and community resources to students who have formerly been incarcerated.
The Focus 180 Community and program is geared to provide assistance through intentional, integrated, and welcoming educational and related services that span the institution and the Antelope Valley community, with the aim being to improve the educational attainment and reentry success of individuals who have been incarcerated. The mission of Focus 180 is to create opportunities for exploration and to foster the skills necessary to translate college experiences into meaningful and successful careers and lives.
Next steps towards joining the AVC Focus 180 Program
- Apply to Antelope Valley College
- Complete the College Online Orientation
- Check your myAVC account and/or the Counseling Office for your Recommended Course Sequence Sheet
- Complete the Focus 180 participant form to be enrolled in the Focus 180 Program
- Attend a New Student Success Workshop
- Attend the Registration Workshop & register for 12 or more units
Program Benefits and Services for Formerly Incarcerated Students
- Dress for Success Clothing Closet
- Job Search Preparation
- Books H.E.L.P. Program
- AVTA Campus Connect Bus Pass Program
- Hearts and Hands Food Pantry
- Financial Aid Advising
- Student Health Services
- Housing Referrals
- Campus and Community Resources
We are accepting applications for 2022-2023
For more information regarding the Focus 180 Program or other Student Equity programs, please e-mail FOCUS180@avc.edu or call (661) 722-6300, ext. 6375.
Please click the application link below and APPLY NOW!