Skip to main content
AVC Student Services

Financial Aid & Scholarships

The purpose of the financial aid program is to provide financial assistance to students who, without such aid, would be unable to attend Antelope Valley College.


Recognizing we are here for the students, we are committed to the prompt delivery of student financial aid. We strive to provide quality service to students, the community and our colleagues with integrity and compassion. We encourage development of teamwork, cooperation and innovation as well as the pursuit of increased knowledge.

How To Apply

STEP 1:  Create a FSA ID!

The FSA ID gives you access to Federal Student Aid's online system and can serve as your legal signature.  Only create an FSA ID using your own personal information and for your own exclusive use.  You are not authorized to create an FSA ID on behalf of someone else, including a family member.

Create an FSA ID

STEP 2:  Gather your Information

You will need personal information such as your Social Security Number, driver’s license number, your Alien Registration Number if you are not a U.S. citizen, and Federal tax information or tax returns, including W-2 information to complete your FAFSA. Dependent students will also need this information for their parents.

STEP 3:  Submit your Application

Complete your Free Application for Federal Aid (FAFSA). Antelope Valley College Federal School Code is: 001113 Or Complete your California Dream Act Application

STEP 4: Check your Financial Aid Status within myAVC

Once you application is processed we will receive it our system and send you an email to your myAVC  email account informing you of the documents that are needed to complete your file. These documents will need to be processed before we determine what you qualify for.



The 2017-2018 Board of Governors Fee Waiver application is now available!  Click here for more information. 

Upcoming Events

Financial Aid Workshops

    Important Changes

    Financial Aid Documents

    Financial Aid Resources

    Financial Aid Frequently Asked Questions

    • How will I know my eligibility for financial aid?
      • Once your financial aid file is completely processed, you will receive an email with instructions on how to access your award information.
    • What is the School Code for Antelope Valley College?
      • The school code is a 6 digit number that is required when filling out some Financial Aid forms. The school code for the Antelope Valley College Community College District is 001113.
    • How is the amount of Federal Pell Grant I receive determined?
      • Your eligibility for a Pell Grant is based on your expected family contribution (EFC). The EFC is calculated by the federal processor from information submitted in your Student Aid Report (SAR). Your EFC and the number of units you're enrolled in at the time of check disbursement will determine your Pell grant amount.
    • Will financial aid pay for all of my school expenses?
      • Financial aid is available to supplement, not replace your efforts to pay for educational costs.
    • Are there any deadlines for financial aid?
      • Yes. There are deadlines you need to keep in mind.
        • Academic year 2017-2018
          • March 2, 2017- The state of California deadline for Cal-Grant application and AVC priority FAFSA application deadline.
          • September 2, 2018- There is a second deadline for Cal-Grant filing.
        • AVC Financial Aid Office has deadlines for submitting paperwork necessary for your financial aid file.
          • If you are enrolled in classes during fall 2017 but do not plan to enroll in classes for the spring 2018- deadline to submit paperwork is November 3, 2017.
          • If you are enrolled in classes during spring 2018 but do not plan to enroll in summer 2016 the deadline to submit paperwork is April 20, 2018.
          • If you are enrolled in classes during summer 18, deadline to submit paperwork is July 13, 2018.
        • Academic year 2018-2019
          • March 2, 2018- The state of California deadline for Cal-Grant application and AVC priority FAFSA application deadline.
          • September 2, 2019- There is a second deadline for Cal-Grant filing.
    • Do I have to be enrolled in a certain number of units to receive financial aid
      • Each financial aid program has its own unit requirement. You must be enrolled in at least six units (half-time) to receive Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG), Federal Work Study (FWS), Cal-Grant, and Stafford Loan funds. You may be eligible to receive a Pell Grant if you are a less-than-half-time student. There is no minimum unit requirement for the Board of Governor's Fee Waiver (BOGFW).
    • I am taking classes at AVC and another college at the same time. Can I get financial aid from both schools
      • No. You can only receive federal financial aid from one school at a time. If you are enrolled in two or more schools during the semester, you must decide which school will be the most beneficial for your financial aid needs and notify both schools of your decision. However, you are eligible for the BOFW at more than one California community college during the same semester.
    • Do I need to reapply for financial aid?
      • Yes. You must reapply each financial aid academic year.
      • The FAFSA application is available January 1st of each year.
      • Academic year 2017-2018-  includes: fall 2017 / intersession 2018 / spring 2018 / summer 2018
      • Academic year 2018-2019-  includes: fall 2018 / intersession 2019 / spring 2019 / summer 2019
    Last updated: May 17, 2018