Associated Student Organization: ASO Hearts & Hands Pantry
ASO Hearts & Hands Pantry was created to encourage campus pride and unity in a dignified manner. The ASO Hearts & Hands Pantry has been designed to assist current AVC students who are making forward progress in their academic pursuits and are homeless and/or hungry in circumstances where supplemental nutritional food will benefit their academic success.
In 2011 the ASO Hearts & Hands Pantry program started to provide students in need with supplemental bi-monthly groceries.
In Spring 2014 the ASO Hearts & Hands Pantry program expanded to include a daily meal bag program.
- Be in good academic standing each semester and cumulatively with a 2.00 GPA or higher
- Have a 50% completion rate with forward academic progress
- Have a current Education Plan and be on track for graduation
- FAFSA or Dream Act application completed with the AVC Financial Aid Office
- Currently enrolled in 6 or more units for Fall, Spring and Summer semesters
You can find the online application form here.
Grocery Pick Up
For those students who have completed the application and received the approval email, the Pantry's Grocery Distribution will be
Weekly Grocery pick up at the Pantry located at SCT 105. The pantry is open:
Monday Noon - 2:30 pm
Tuesday 11:00am - 2:00pm
Day Bag Pick Up
Day Bags are picked up in T700E. Students receive meals according to their class schedule.
Marauder's Market Fresh Fruits and Vegetable Distribution
August 12th and 26th
September 9th and 23rd
October 7th and 21st
November 4th and 18th
December 9th and 16th
January 13th and 27th
February 10th and 24th
March 10th and 24th
April 7th and 21st
May 12th and 26th
June 9th and 23rd
July 7th and 21st
August 11th and 25th
September 8th and 22nd
October 13th and 27th
November 3rd and 17th
December 8th and 15th
- Assist with weekly grocery distribution
- Volunteer to create and assist with Dress for Success events
- Volunteer to create activities of awareness within the college campus and local community
- We want you to build the program you want for Antelope Valley College
- Grace Resource Center (661) 940-5272
- Grace Thrift Center: (661) 726-9723
- SAVEs (9am - 5pm, M-R): (661) 267-5191
- Homeless Service (8am - 5pm, M-F): (661) 942-2758
- Antelope Valley Partners for Health Food Pantry (661) 942-4719
- Sexual Abuse Response (24 hours): (661) 945-6736
- Valley Oasis Thrift Store (9am - 6pm, T-S): (661) 266-1948
Points to Remember
- Student can choose to receive weekly Groceries or a Meal Bag
- Grocery pick up is in SCT 105. Check the hours listed above.
- Day Bags are picked up in T700E according to the student's class schedule.
- ASO Executive Director of Special Programs: Cory Barnes - firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to Help?
The ASO Hearts & Hands Pantry is supplied by the generous donations from students, staff, and members of the local community. Check or cash donations can be made at the AVC Foundation Office or in the Student Life Office. In the memo area please note - ASO Hearts & Hands Pantry. Employees can contribute through payroll deductions each month. Community members can also donate items from the list below. Purchased items can be dropped off in the Student Life Office (T700 E1).
Donation Wish List
Tuna to Go
Pretzels (Individual packages)
Peanut Butter Crackers
Ritz Bitz – Handi Snacks,
Peanut Butter, Cheese
Pork & Beans
Peanut Butter (Jar & individual “to go” sizes needed)
Beans – Refried, Baked,
Kidney, Black, Pinto
Pasta – Ravioli, Beefaroni,
Mac & Cheese
Individual Cereal (Bags and Individual boxes needed)
Mini Bell Cheeses
String Cheese Sticks
Yogurt – Gogurt, Greek, Regular
Fruit – Apples, Oranges
Individually wrapped Toothbrush