Associated Student Organization: ASO Hearts & Hands Pantry
ASO Hearts & Hands Pantry was created to encourage campus pride and unity in a dignified manner. The ASO Hearts & Hands Pantry has been designed to assist current AVC students who are making forward progress in their academic pursuits and are homeless and/or hungry in circumstances where supplemental nutritional food will benefit their academic success.
In 2011 the ASO Hearts & Hands Pantry program started to provide students in need with supplemental bi-weekly groceries.
In Spring 2014 the ASO Hearts & Hands Pantry program expanded to include a daily meal bag program.
- Be in good academic standing each semester and cumulatively with a 2.00 GPA or higher
- Have a 50% completion rate with forward academic progress
- Have a current Education Plan and be on track for graduation
- FAFSA or Dream Act application completed with the AVC Financial Aid Office
- Currently enrolled in 6 or more units for semesters and 3 or more units for intersession and summer terms
You can find the online application form here.
Pantry Grocery Distribution Hours Summer 2019
For those students who have completed the application and received the approval email, the Pantry's Grocery Distribution hours are:
Monday 10:00 - 11:00 am and 12:30 - 1:30 pm
- Tuesday 10:30 - 11:30 am and 2:30 - 3:30 pm
- Assist with weekly grocery distribution
- Volunteer to create and assist with Dress for Success events
- Volunteer to create activities of awareness within the college campus and local community
- We want you to build the program you want for Antelope Valley College
- Grace Resource Center (661) 940-5272
- Grace Thrift Center: (661) 726-9723
- SAVEs (9am - 5pm, M-R): (661) 267-5191
- Homeless Service (8am - 5pm, M-F): (661) 942-2758
- Antelope Valley Partners for Health Food Pantry (661) 942-4719
- Sexual Abuse Response (24 hours): (661) 945-6736
- Valley Oasis Thrift Store (9am - 6pm, T-S): (661) 266-1948
Points to Remember
- Weekly grocery distribution is from the pantry located in the Student Center Building, to the left of the cafeteria ,during open hours
- Day bags are for days and times participants are attending classes and can be picked up in T700 E1, M-R 7:30am - 6:00pm, Friday 7:30-11:00am
- ASO Executive Director of Special Programs:
Want to Help?
The ASO Hearts & Hands Pantry is supplied by the generous donations from students, staff, and members of the local community. Check or cash donations can be made at the AVC Foundation Office or in the Student Life Office. In the memo area please note - ASO Hearts & Hands Pantry. Employees can contribute through payroll deductions each month. Community members can also donate items from the list below. Purchased items can be dropped off in the Student Life Office (T700 E1).
Donation Wish List
Tuna to Go
Pretzels (Individual packages)
Peanut Butter Crackers
Ritz Bitz – Handi Snacks,
Peanut Butter, Cheese
Pork & Beans
Peanut Butter (Jar & individual “to go” sizes needed)
Beans – Refried, Baked,
Kidney, Black, Pinto
Pasta – Ravioli, Beefaroni,
Mac & Cheese
Individual Cereal (Bags and Individual boxes needed)
Mini Bell Cheeses
String Cheese Sticks
Yogurt – Gogurt, Greek, Regular
Fruit – Apples, Oranges
Individually wrapped Toothbrush