Maintenance and Operations provides services for all buildings, structures, infrastructure, systems, grounds and vehicles. Maintenance and Operations includes four departments:
Together these departments perform on-demand, scheduled and preventative maintenance tasks on plumbing, HVAC, lighting, electrical, door lock/hardware, EMS, fire alarm/sprinkler systems, painting/flooring, structural, elevators and vehicles. Services include event planning and coordination, transportation scheduling and maintenance, custodial, recycling and waste management and hazmat storage and removal. Our goal is to provide a safe, comfortable and accessible environment for all AVC faculty, students, staff and visitors, year in and year out.
(661) 722-6300, extension 6480
Jared Simmons, Maintenance & Operations Manager
C.J. Rohr, Clerical III
Yvonne Harvey, Clerical III
- Coordinates and directs the activities of the District Custodial, Grounds and Maintenance departments as well as the activities of the Campus Events and Transportation entities.
- AVC Facilities Services Liaison with CSUB, AVUHSD and local government agencies for maintenance and operational requirements.
- Coordinates and supports Facilities Planning and Campus Development for all minor construction, facility maintenance assessment and health/safety/security status and development.
- Implement and maintain processes and procedures for supporting faculty, students, staff and visitors with quality and timely services.
- 87 Personnel (Permanent, Hourly, Student) worked in M&O departments in 2015-16