If you witness someone exhibiting any of the following behaviors, this is a red flag that the individual may be experiencing a crisis and is in need of assistance. A BIT/CARE report should be submitted on the individual. Please click here to submit a BIT/CARE report.
Is someone you know:
- experiencing a decline in work or academic performance?
- demonstrating disruptive or disturbing behavior?
- showing dramatic changes in appearance, behavior, or weight?
- having problems at home, with classes, or at work?
- making disturbing comments in conversation, email, letters, social media posting or papers?
- sad, anxious, or experiencing dramatic mood shifts?
- abusing alcohol or drugs?
- isolating themselves socially?
- acting paranoid or suspicious?
- frequently angry or easily frustrated?
- struggling with health problems?
These behaviors, especially when more than one are present, may be signs that a student, faculty member, or staff member is in distress.
There are many resources available at AVC to help, and your report to AVC BIT/CARE can make a difference.