What is AVC CARES?
The ISP/AVC Cares Committee was created as an additional avenue of support for the students at Antelope Valley College who are feeling overwhelmed and are thinking about suicide.
The goal of the Interactive Screening Program (ISP) is to reach students proactively before a crisis emerges. ISP intervenes at many different levels that have been recommended as part of a comprehensive paradigm for preventing suicide.
The AVC Cares Committee carries out their work to create a safe and inviting environment on campus for students by creating and displaying positive inspirational quotes throughout campus, active listening events, bringing awareness to the campus about the stigma and taboo of suicide, supporting educational events, and providing support to students throughout the semester.
To reach an AVC Cares Committee member or if you have any questions about this service, please contact Student Health Services at (661) 722.6300 x 6683 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information or to utilize the anonymous, confidential and completely voluntary Interactive Screening Program (ISP) Questionnaire
Take an Anonymous Stress & Depression Questionnaire
The Stress & Depression Questionnaire:
- Is entirely anonymous, confidential, and completely voluntary
- Is a safe and easy way to find out if stress, anxiety or depression may be affecting you
- Is a free service from AVC Counselors
- Will not affect your access to student health or counseling services
There are 3 easy steps:
1. Take and submit the 10-minute Questionnaire identifying yourself only with a User ID that you select
2. An AVC Counselor will post a personal response to you on the secure website with information, recommendations, and options for next steps
3. You decide what's next. You'll have the option of communicating with the counselor through this website or on the phone. Or, you can decide to do nothing further at this time
If you have any questions about this service, please contact Student Health Services at email@example.com