Measure R, a Proposition 39 local bond measure, was approved by 69.9% of local voters in November 2004. Measure R provided $139 million for capital outlay improvements of college facilities and systems. The strategic use of Measure R funds also secured state capital outlay funds in the amount of $38,857,000. The entire Measure R program, including earnings and state funds, totals $189,736,000.
Campus building space has been increased by 63% and critical infrastructure has been replaced and expanded to meet forecasted campus growth for the next twenty years. Accessibility and safety for the campus has been significantly improved. Most importantly, programs and services for students have been increased to meet growing demands.
Measure R Related Links
- Citizens Oversight Committee Annual Report
- Measure R Process & Milestones
- Measure R Ballot Text
- Measure R Oversight Committee – Representatives
- Measure R Oversight Committee – Bylaws & Ethics Policy Statement
- Measure R Oversight Committee – Meeting Documents
- Measure R Oversight Committee – Performance Audits
- Measure R Projects – Completed & In-Progress