Aeronautical & Aviation Technology - AERO
The Airframe and Powerplant Technician Program consists of three components—general aircraft maintenance, aircraft airframe and aircraft powerplant—designed for those seeking to take exams for an airframe and powerplant license. If you are detail-oriented and understand that the safety of others depends on the quality of your work, then you may be suited for an exciting career as a technician!
Antelope Valley College is one of the few community colleges in the United States offering composites fabrication and repair. This Airframe and Powerplant Technician Program is certified by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
Upcoming Information Sessions:
- No upcoming Information Sessions scheduled at this time. To be announced at a later date.
- Note: These information sessions are for all Aeronautical Sciences & Technology programs offered at Antelope Valley College.
What certificates/degrees can I earn?
- Associate in Science degree as an airframe and powerplant technician
What will I learn?
- When you complete the program you will have gained extensive knowledge of the various aspects of aircraft including structures, hydraulics, fuel and electrical systems, fire controls, engines, landing controls and more. You will become familiar with the techniques and operations involved in aircraft maintenance and repair.
- This program will prepare you with much of the information necessary to pass the FAA comprehensive testing leading to an Airframe & Powerplant Mechanic Certificate.