Registration and Program Guidelines
Although every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of this schedule of classes, it is not a contract. Antelope Valley College does not assume liability for typographical or other errors. Furthermore, the college reserves the right to add, amend, or repeal any of its rules, regulations, policies or procedures without notice.
A Few Things You Need To Know About Registration
• Community Services classes are non-credit and do not earn college credit. There are no transcripts or grades.
• Community Services offers a variety of not-for-credit, continuing education (CEU) and certification courses.
• Registration for each class is accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please enroll early to ensure your participation.
• Children under the age of 18 may not attend classes unless specified in the class listing or with prior consent of the program director.
• Course fees must be paid at the time of registration. Financial aid is not available for Community Services courses.
• Some classes have material fees in addition to the registration fees. Material fees must be paid at the initial class meeting unless otherwise directed. Please refer to the class listing for price information.
• If a requested class is full, we will contact you and ask if you would like to be added to an interest list. Please do not attend the class unless we notify you that your name has been added to the roster.
• Minimum enrollment levels must be met for each class in order for the program to remain self-supporting. Class minimums are established by the instructor. Refer to course web pages for specific minimums.
• We reserve the right to cancel, postpone or combine classes, or change class dates/locations. When changes are made to any class, every reasonable effort will be made to notify participants by phone and email.
ONLINE REGISTRATION NOW AVAILABLE: https://avc.coursestorm.com
You may register in person during regular business hours:
Monday-Thursday: 7:30 a.m. -4:30 p.m.
Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
• Payment methods accepted are credit card or debit card (Visa, Discover, or MasterCard), money order, or cash for exact amount only. Personal checks not accepted. Business checks will be accepted.
• Credit card payments are accepted over the phone.
• Questions or comments e-mail: email@example.com
• Participants who have registered for class, but find they can no longer attend must contact the Community Services office at least one day prior to the start of class or before any stated registration deadline. After that point, no refunds will be made under any circumstances. A 10% processing fee is retained on all student-initiated refunds.
• Full refunds will be issued only if the college cancels a class. In this circumstance, you will be contacted and issued a refund.
• Cash or money order payments are refunded by a check from Antelope Valley College. Please allow a minimum two weeks for processing of refunds.
• Visa, Discover, Master Card, or American Express payments are credited back to the same account.
• Refund policies may change depending on course.
Parking is free at the AVC Palmdale Center.
Visitors and Pets:
Visitors are not allowed in class. Pets are not allowed on campus or in class except for certified assistance dogs for the disabled or assistance dogs in training.
Upon request five business days before the event, reasonable accommodation will be provided to facilitate the participation of covered individuals with disabilities. Call (661) 722-6360 (voice/relay).