Welcome to Antelope Valley College's Online Counseling Services. WE ARE LIVE for ONLINE COUNSELING SERVICES. Online Counseling, aka Cranium Cafe, is a web-based service which uses webcam and audio to supplement the in-person counseling experience. With a full-service, online appointment, it allows students to connect with a counselor, and complete all services that are available in the traditional, in-person counseling format. Online CHAT for Counseling is also available for students to ask quick, general, counseling-related questions.
Cranium Cafe Basic Instructions:
- Video Meeting Requirements:
- Use a smart phone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer which has Chrome or Firefox as your web browser (Chrome is preferred)
- Shut down all other webpages for a faster connection
- Have a microphone and webcam activated
- Test your webcam and audio prior to the meeting here https://my.craniumcafe.com/pre-meeting-check
- Please review appropriate Netiquette (screen reader version)
- If the Informed Consent Box is not fully visible, please your browsers zoom function for a smaller setting.
How to initiate a Walk-in / Express virtual counseling:
Step 1: Click the “Knock on Door” button on the counselor’s Cafe card
Step 2: Current students should login with your student ID and prospective student can create an account through the login page
Step 3: Wait for pop-up chat window to appear to start the session
Step 4: Click on the Enter Meeting or Enter Lobby button within the chat box