Marauder Bookstore Refund Policy
All refunds/exchanges require the original cash register receipt and a current photo ID.
Textbook Refunds are allowed for 7 days after purchase of textbook.
· Fall/Spring – no refunds for purchases after the fifth week of classes (this includes rented books)
· Summer/Intersession – no refunds for purchases after the first week of classes
New books must be in new and clean condition. Wrapped or boxed course materials must not be unwrapped or opened. Defective books will be exchanged only.
Jumpbooks may be refunded within one week of purchase. They must not be checked out for offline use. If more than 20% of the book has been accessed or printed it cannot be refunded.
No refunds on review materials, software, blank media, course packets, special orders, electronics, study aids, nursing and biology materials and other general merchandise.
Clothing, supplies, backpacks, gifts and non-textbooks are refundable for 14 days from the date of purchase. The item must be in re-saleable condition – in original packaging; unopened with tags attached.
When a refund is authorized, the original credit card must be present for credit transactions – cash will be given for cash and debit transactions. Store credit may be issued, dependent upon individual circumstances.
Rental Policy and Procedure
1. Customer will return the rented materials (see attached receipt) to Marauder Bookstore at 3041 West Avenue K, Lancaster, CA 93536 on or before the rental return date (last day of finals week). Customer understands the book rented is the property of the Marauder Bookstore.
2. Rentals returned during the first 2 weeks of the semester will be issued a refund minus a 10% restocking fee. New book rentals must be in same condition and rental fee will not be refunded if unwrapped or opened. Rentals returned after the first 2 weeks of the semester will not be issued a refund.
3. Customer is responsible for the condition of the materials rented and bears the full responsibility for the return of rentals in saleable condition. Customer is responsible for payment of fees and replacement costs if rented materials are lost, stolen or returned in unsaleable condition. Unsaleable conditions water/liquid damage, missing pages, excessive highlighting or any other issue as determined by Marauder Bookstore Staff. Limited highlighting and writing in rented books is permitted.
4. If Customer fails to return the rented materials by the rental return date, the charge card used for rental will be charged the replacement cost of all unreturned books plus a processing fee. If the card is declined, a hold will be placed on the student record until the debt is settled.