The Outcomes Committee provide specific observable characteristics developed by faculty and staff that allow them to determine or demonstrate evidence that learning has occurred as a result of a specific course, program, activity, or process. The Antelope Valley College Board of Trustees relies primarily on the Academic Senate for advice on educational program development, standards/policies regarding student preparation and success, degree and certificate requirements, and curriculum including prerequisites; thus the Committee for Student Learning Outcomes is an Academic Senate responsibility.
The Outcomes Committee will determine a campus-wide process for the uniform implementation and assessment of Learning Outcomes at the course, program, and department level. A faculty chair is responsible for chairing the committee and overseeing that the functions of the Outcoems Committee are met.
- provide support and training
- recommend and provide samples of effective assessment tools
- provide support in the analysis of data
- provide connections to current campus practices
- provide support and data in program review
- provide support and data to the accreditation reports
- ensure that Operational (OOs) and Learning Outcomes (SLOs and PLOs) are connected to Institutional Learning Outcomes (ILOs)
- act as a re source group and maintain liaison to AP&P
- (The above link will navigate to the CurricUNET Web site. To access the SLOs or CORs for review only, please click the Course link under Search in the left column, then select the discipline and click Ok. No password is required in order to view the AVC approved SLOs and CORs.)
- Approved SLOs/PLOs for Student Services
- Approved OOs